SBF proudly signed an MoU with Rajshahi City Corporation
Sonar Bangla Foundation (SBF), the largest kidney dialysis provider of Bangladesh, is delighted to announce that an MoU has been signed between SBF (Sonar Bangla Foundation) and Rajshahi City Corporation, which marks a significant milestone towards the establishment of the RCC-SBF Kidney and Specialized Hospital. This collaboration, which was formalized during a momentous signing ceremony, signifies a historic step towards providing specialized healthcare services to our community.
Member of the Presidium of Bangladesh Awami League and Honorable Mayor Mr. AHM Khairuzzaman Liton, representing Rajshahi City Corporation (RCC), and Chief Operating Officer, Retired Secretary Hosne Ara Begum, representing Sonar Bangla Foundation, signed the MoU on behalf of their respective organizations. The pivotal support and contributions of SBF Directors played a crucial role in the seamless progress of this transformative project. The Function was organized at the City Hall Room (Annex) of Nagar Bhaban on Sunday (December 24) at noon.
Highlights of the MoU:
- According to the memorandum of understanding, the Rajshahi City corporation has agreed to provide the non-profit service organization, Sonar Bangla Foundation, with the use of the Hetemkha Nagar Health Center in Ward No. 11 of the city. The first phase of this collaboration will involve providing high-quality kidney dialysis services at a low cost. Later on, there are plans for the construction of modern buildings and the implementation of kidney transplants and other healthcare activities at the center. The management of these activities will be overseen by a management committee that includes representatives from both parties.
- In the speech on the occasion as the chief guest, Mayor AHM Khairuzzaman Liton announced that the MoU for setting up the RCC-SBF Kidney and Specialized Hospital was signed with the aim of providing health protection to the citizens. As part of this collaboration, the Sonar Bangla Foundation will provide high-quality kidney dialysis services at a low cost. The City Corporation will also provide financial support to aid the foundation’s service to humanity. This move is expected to greatly benefit the citizens in terms of accessible and affordable healthcare.
- Hosne Ara Begum, the Chief Operating Officer of Sonar Bangla Foundation, commented on the recent development, stating that the number of kidney patients around the world is increasing. Previously, the foundation had been providing kidney dialysis services on a limited basis in Rajshahi due to a lack of space. However, after reporting the matter to the Honorable Mayor, the foundation was provided with a larger space to operate. This will allow for the provision of high-quality kidney dialysis services at a low cost on a much larger scale. Furthermore, there are plans to build a hospital in the future which will allow for the provision of other healthcare services, including kidney transplants.
Digital & Social Media Coverage of the Program:
- Bangla News 24 – রাজশাহীতে হতে যাচ্ছে কিডনি রোগের চিকিৎসায় নতুন দ্বার উন্মোচন
- Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha – Specialized kidney hospital in Rajshahi in the offing
- Rajshahi City Corporation on Facebook
We are excited about the potential of this partnership to enhance healthcare infrastructure and ensure a healthier future for all. Stay tuned for more updates on this revolutionary project!
Location:Nagar Bhaban, Rajshahi
December 24, 2023